1. Frame: Norco Optic 27. 5 Carbon,
size small, 120mm.
“This is meant to be a ‘modern trail
bike,’ but it works perfectly for slalom.”
2. Fork: Fox 34 Float, 130mm, sag
set at 10–20-percent travel, rebound
set fairly quick.
“It’s set up like a trailbike but firmer to
keep it snappy and take the edge off.
3. Tires: Maxxis: 27.5x2.3" High
Roller 2 (front); Maxxis Ardent
27.5x2.25" (rear); pressure set at 26
psi in front; 30 psi in rear (for rolling
“HR2 is my favorite tire for everything.
I will go firmer sometimes if needed.”
4. Tubes or tubeless: Stan’s
5. Rims: Stan’s Flow.
6. Spokes: Sapim Force.
7. Front hub: Stan’s.
8. Rear hub: Stan’s Boost hub.
9. Brakes: Shimano XT, 180mm,
“XT brakes are really good and
powerful, and an alloy lever is sweet
for racing. Love the textured bumps on
10. Handlebar: “Renthal Fatbar
Lite, carbon, 30mm rise.
“Renthals are the best bars. The Fatbar
Lite comes stock at 740 millimeters,
which is what I run.”
Jill Kintner’s Norco
Optic 27. 5 Optic