some cool colors, which is always nice, and
are way better with mud clearance.”
16. Chain: Shimano M9000: “We
change before every race, just to be safe.”
17. Rear derailleur: Shimano m9000
18. Chainguide: MRP AMg Carbon
with HD upper guide.
19. Shifters: Shimano M9000 XTR.
20. Brake levers: Magura MT5.
21. Cassette: SRAM XX1, 10-42.
22. Saddle: Specialized Power ARC,
Ti rails, 143mm width.
23. Seatpost: Bike Yoke Revive,
160mm drop: “This post with the bleed
feature is next level—never misses a
24. Headset: Specialized, integrated
25. Water bottle cage: Specialized
26. Shock: Ohlins TTX22, coil, spe-
cific specs listed with the frame.
“No idea, I never weigh
them. To me, it isn’t
important, never has been.
Getting the right setup of
parts and making your bike
reliable is what counts.
I try to keep the weight
down where it’s okay to do
so, but I’ll never sacrifice
reliability for weight.”
“It’s not too much different
to the stock build kit, just a
few higher-end parts there,
so probably around $9K.”
27. Stem: Renthal Apex, 50mm,
28. Special touches, like carbon or
titanium bolts: “Usually Ti bolts—not
for weight savings, more that you can get
them in a range of colors just to make your
bike look a bit better, plus they don’t rust.”
29. Computer: “Garmin Edge 520 on
this bike, but now using the Stages Dash
30. Head angle: 65. 9 degrees.
31: Bottom bracket height: 342mm.