2014 Float X Shock
The new Float X shock replaces the
DHX Air shock in the 2014 shock lineup
from Fox. The claimed weight of just less
than 13 ounces is plenty light enough for
the aggressive trail rider. A greater limiting factor than its weight will be the clearance issues for trailbike frame designs that
do not offer the space required to run a
reservoir. This may even end up being a
size-specific issue, where the new shock
will fit a large-size frame and not a small.
Fox facts on the Float X shock:
– First long-travel trailbike shock from
Fox with their CTD (Climb/Trail/
Descend) damping circuit options.
– This new shock replaces DHX Air.
– Reservoir design offers broader operat-
ing range over inline Float shock.
– Optimized for 5.5- to 7-inch travelbikes.
– More on-the-fly adjustments than DHX
– Sizes: 7.5x2.0 inches, 7.875x2.0,
7.875x2.25, 8.5x2.5, 8.75x2.5, 9.5x3.0.